The SenStar® Advantage
The SenStar® Treatment Link is an essential component of the NeuroStar TMS Therapy® System. Designed to provide confidence in every pulse, this high technology device is designed of several unique layers, which ensure that the treatment coil is functioning properly and positioned correctly, confirming to treating physicians that their patients are receiving optimal treatment.
The Unique Layers of the SenStar Treatment Link
- Sensory Guard – Protective guard reduces the magnetic field at the scalp which may improve tolerability of high-frequency stimulation for some patients without affecting the deeper magnetic field in the brain. See how the Sensory Guard works
- Magnetic Field Detector and Smart Chip – Verifies the intensity of the magnetic field before each treatment, ensuring that patients receive exactly what the system operator programs for safe and effective treatment. See what a verification screen looks like
- Smart Chip – Signal processor ensures constant communication of treatment coil with the system software
- Contact Sensors – Even a small displacement of the TMS treatment coil from the patient’s head (e.g. 2 mm) can reduce the magnetic field in the brain to sub-therapeutic levels. Sensors in this layer continuously monitor contact between the patient’s head and the coil, allowing the system operator the ability to make coil adjustments and re-administer missed pulses; ensuring patients receive the full prescribed simulation of the target tissue. See what this 2D display looks like
- Hygiene Barrier – Acts as a hygienic barrier between the patient’s head and the coil which provides a safe and clean surface.
Learn about TMS TrakStarTM practice data management software