NeuroStar is the only TMS treatment with demonstrated durability in depression over 1 year19
Read more about the proven short- and long-term efficacy of NeuroStar TMS Therapy for patients with major depressive disorder:
- Proven durability
- Consistent acute response rates
- Improvement in depression symptoms
- Robust clinical data set
Significant response was maintained 12 months after acute depression treatment19
In a naturalistic clinical study in 257 patients who did not benefit from antidepressant medications, NeuroStar TMS Therapy offered durable effect over 1 year following acute treatment:
- 67.7% of patients responded to treatment
- 45.1% reached remission
36.2% of patients received NeuroStar TMS Therapy reintroduction (average of 16 treatments). Long-term durability of effect has not been established in a randomized trial. Trial design used physician-directed standard of care.
In acute phase of treatment, 1 in 2 patients responded to therapy and 1 in 3 reached remission5
- Consistent response and remission rates across a broad range of antidepressant treatment resistance5
- Patients with both low and high treatment-resistant depression who are treated with NeuroStar TMS Therapy experience significant benefits after 4 to 6 weeks of treatment.
An open-label, multicenter study included 307 (acute phase) evaluable, unipolar, non-psychotic MDD patients in post-market use who were evaluated after treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy.5
- In an NIMH-funded, independent, randomized, controlled trial, patients treated with TMS using the NeuroStar TMS System were four times more likely to achieve remission compared to patients receiving sham treatment (P=0.0173; odds ratio=4.05)7
- Significant improvement from baseline with NeuroStar TMS Therapy was observed as early as 2 weeks after treatment and at 4 and 6 weeks (P=0.0006)4
- Two multisite, randomized, controlled trials demonstrated the clinically significant antidepressant effect of NeuroStar TMS Therapy6,7
- Two open-label extension studies similarly demonstrated benefit4,8
- One prospective, naturalistic study confirmed results in real-world practice5
- Two open-label, long-term, follow-up studies9,18
Ongoing Clinical Trials
Neuronetics continues to support clinical trial programs. The following are sponsored by Neuronetics:
Adolescent Depression Study
The focus of this study is understanding the safety and effectiveness of NeuroStar TMS Therapy in teens/young adults suffering from depression.
Other studies using NeuroStar/Neuronetics devices
If you are interested in conducting an Investigator Initiated Trial, please contact Neuronetics Customer Service at 1-877-600-7555 (option 3).